Appalachian Studies Student Alliance
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence and surveys regarding the attitudes of graduate students regarding Appalachian State University's Appalachian Studies program.
The materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
No Interlibrary loan.
This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room. An appointment for research is recommended. The Dougherty Reading Room is located on the 4th floor of Belk Library in Special Collections. Certain records may be used only with the permission of the Appalachian Collection Librarian. Departmental evaluations and some correspondence are restricted.
The Appalachian Studies Student Alliance Records covers the development of the Appalachian Studies Student Alliance, a non-incorporated, unofficial student organization for Appalachian Studies undergraduates, graduates and alumnus at Appalachian State University. Developed as Helen Lewis' Fall 1999 Participatory Research class project by graduate students Donovan Cain and Erica Collins, the Appalachian Studies graduate students decided to develop an unofficial organization to hold social events for students and alumnus and educational events for the Boone community about Appalachian culture.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
The Appalachian Studies Student Alliance Collection covers the development of the Appalachian Studies Student Alliance. Papers include fliers, e-mail print-outs, surveys, posters. It is a non-incorporated, unofficial student organization for Appalachian Studies undergraduates, graduates and alumnus at Appalachian State University.
Papers include fliers, e-mail print-outs, surveys, posters. This collection was organized by type.
- Appalachian State University. Appalachian Studies Program -- Evaluation
- Appalachian Studies Student Alliance Coalition -- Sources
- Beaver, Patricia D
- Cain, Donavan
- Collins, Erica
- Student movements -- North Carolina -- Boone -- Sources
Erica Collins donated the collection in May 2000. This collection was opened to the public in 2000.
Processed by Kathryn Staley, 2000; Encoded by Kathryn Staley, Rachel Critzer, 2005.
- Appalachian State University Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Appalachian State University. Center for Appalachian Studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Beaver, Patricia D.
- Student movements -- North Carolina -- Boone Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AC.106: Appalachian Studies Student Alliance Records, 1999 - 2001
- Processed by: Kathryn Staley; machine-readable finding aid created by: Kathryn Staley, Rachel Critzer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English