Commonwealth of Virginia summons
Scope and Contents
This collections contains one summons to [unreadable] Compton, Jefferson County, Virginia's constable, to pay a debt of 18 dollars to James Logie. It exemplifies an antebellum summons from Virginia.
Conditions Governing Access
No Interlibrary Loan.
This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room. An appointment for research is recommended. The Dougherty Reading Room is located on the 4th floor of Belk Library in Special Collections.
Dr. James Logie was a member of the West Virginia Historical Society, born May 1, 1823. He died on October 17, 1897 and is buried in Elmwood Cemetary in Jefferson County, West Virginia.
0.01 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Commonwealth of Virginia Summons contains one summons to the Jefferson County, Virginia's constable for [unreadable] Compton to pay an 18 dollars debt to James Logie. This collection exemplifies an antebellum summons from Virginia.
This is a one-folder collection.
The W.L. Eury Appalachian Collection purchased this collection from Bookworm and Silverfish in September 2006. Its accession number is AC.2006.056. It was opened to the public in October 2006.
Processed by Kathryn Staley, October 2006; Encoded by Kathryn Staley, October 2006.
- Jefferson County (VA)
- Summons -- West Virginia -- Jefferson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AC.348: Commonwealth of Virginia Summons, 1854
- Processed by: Kathryn Staley; machine-readable finding aid created by: Kathryn Staley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English