Chilhowie Textile photographs
Scope and Contents
Three undated black and white photographs taken in Smyth County, Virginia of the Chilhowie Textile factory.
Conditions Governing Access
No Interlibrary Loan. It is stored in the cold storage unit.
This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room. An appointment for research is recommended. The Dougherty Reading Room is located on the 4th floor of Belk Library in Special Collections.
Chilhowie Textile factory was located in a community in Smyth County, Virginia, located in southwest Virginia. It was created in 1832 from Washington and Wythe Counties. Chilhowie was once the home of many textile factories.
- Chilhowie Textile
0.01 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Three black and white undated photographs of the Chilhowie Textile factory in Smyth County, Virginia.
This is a one-folder collection.
W.L. Eury Appalachian Collection obtained this collection in October 2007. Its accesion number is AC.2007.024. It was opened to the public in December 2007.
Processed by Kathryn Staley, December 2007; Encoded by Kathryn Staley, December 2007.
- Textile factories -- Virginia -- Chilhowie -- Pictorial works Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AC.386: Chilhowie Textile photographs, undated
- Processed by: Kathryn Staley; machine-readable finding aid created by: Kathryn Staley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in English