David Isaacs "Yesterday's Harvest" digital scrapbook
Scope and Contents
This digital copy of "Yesterday's Harvest: Rural Life in Appalachia" is a scrapbook by David Isaacs. The scrapbook primarily concerns farming and rural life in the Appalachian region. The purpose of the scrapbook is "to show how community, family, and tradition have stayed constant in a time when holding on is much more difficult then letting go." The disc contains newspapers and black & white and color photographs related to farming, subjects include: harvesting crops, farm animals, recreational activities, and tobacco and corn crops. Also included on the disc are short narratives on the past, present, and future of farming, the Isaacs family farming endeavors, rural recreation and tobacco. A user copy of the CD is available.
All materials in this collection are in English.
This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room without restrictions.
The Isaacs family have lived and farmed in Watauga County, North Carolina for many years. Mr. Isaacs speaks of relatives raising tobacco and other farm items.
0.01 Linear Feet (1 folder)
The David Isaacs "Yesterday's Harvest" Digital Scrapbook collection is one CD and an archival CD copy of black and white and color scanned photographs compiled by David Isaacs with some explanatory text intermingled, photographs dating back to the 1960's.
This is a single-item collection along with an archival CD copy.
This collection was donated by the author David Isaacs in 2011 and accessionied as AC.2011.009.
This collection was processed by Anita Elliott, January 2014. This collection was processed as part of a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission. The grant funded extensive processing of the backlog within the W. L. Eury Appalachian Collection between 2012 and 2014.
- Appalachian Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farms -- Appalachian Region, Southern Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tobacco -- North Carolina. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tobacco farmers -- North Carolina. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AC.745: David Isaacs, "Yesterday's Harvest" Digital Scrapbook, undated
- Processed by Anita Elliott
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note