The Hubbard Center for Faculty Development records
Scope and Contents
The Hubbard Center for Faculty Development Records contain project files, committee and council files, correspondence, and grant files, dating 1961-1993. The majority of these records come from project files dating 1975-1982, from the math, chemistry, physics and psychology department. Also in these records are committee and council files, which contain agendas, minutes, memos, and proposals and files pertaining to grants funded by the Hubbard Center.
- Majority of material found within 1975 - 1982
- Appalachian State University. Hubbard Center for Faculty Development and Instructional Services (Organization)
The following accessions are restricted due to the presence of personal information: UA.2005.200 and UA.2009.100.
The Hubbard Center for Faculty Development at Appalachian State University is named in memory of its first Director, William C. Hubbard, who founded the Center in 1975. Originally founded as the Center for Instructional Development in 1975, the faculty development program at Appalachian State University has undergone two major reorganizations since that time. In 1986, it was named Faculty and Academic Development (FAD) and combined with Media Services and Instructional Technology to form the Faculty Development and Instructional Services Center (FDISC). The unit was renamed the Hubbard Center for Faculty Development and Instructional Services in 1991. In 1993 the technology areas were physically and administratively reassigned to another unit, and FAD was combined with Health Promotion and Counseling for Faculty and Staff (formerly the Employee Assistance Service) to form the Hubbard Center for Faculty and Staff Support. In 1995, an Organizational Development component was added to the programs of the Hubbard Center.
59.02 Linear Feet (113 boxes, 2 half-sized manuscript boxes, 2 records cartons, 1 folder, 1 disc)
Language of Materials
Founded in 1975, the Hubbard Center is one of the oldest continuously funded and operating faculty development offices in the country. The Hubbard Center for Faculty Development is a unit within the Office of Academic Affairs and reports to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs. The Hubbard Center for Faculty Development Records contain project files, committee and council files, correspondence, and grant files, dating 1961-1993.
This collection's previous identifier was UA 5076.
- Appalachian State University. Hubbard Center for Faculty Development and Instructional Services
- Faculty Center Subject Source: Local sources
- Hubbard, William C., Dr.
- Instructional Development Subject Source: Local sources
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research grants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grant Maher
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script