Randy Stevens collection of railway publications, papers and calendars
Scope and Contents
Randy (R. Randall) Stevens has collected memorabilia of railroads over the years, and has donated his full run of the periodical, The Blue Ridge Stemwinder, Volume 1-18, 1988-2007, 11 volumes of The ET Times (East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad Historical Society newsletter), 1998-2009, railroad calendars from 2005-2008, and other related railroad papers. The railroad calendars were printed by the Hickory Printing Group, photographs by Thomas W. Reese, for the years 2005-2008.
All materials are in English.
This collection is open for use in the Dougherty Reading Room without restrictions.
Randy (R. Randall) Stevens became acquainted with Appalachian State University through former Chancellor Frank Borkowski, traveled to China with the Walker College's Holland Fellows, and has developed close relationships with Appalachian State. He and his wife spend time in the High Country in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. He has collected memorabilia related to railroads for many years.
1.25 Linear Feet (2 boxes, 1 oversize folder)
This collection of railroad news and memorabilia contains some of Randy Stevens' personal railroad collection, including the whole run of The Blue Ridge Stemwinder and eleven volumes of the newsletter, The ET Times.
The items are arranged alphabetical in a small box, a box containing The Blue Ridge Stemwinder, and an oversize folder containing the calendars.
The collection was donated by Randy (R. Randall) Stevens of Florida. The collection was accessioned in two parts as AC.2010.069 and AC.2011.048.
This collection was processed by Anita Elliott, March 2014. This collection was processed as part of a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission. The grant funded extensive processing of the backlog within the W. L. Eury Appalachian Collection between 2012 and 2014.
- ET & WNCRR Historical Society Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Narrow gauge railroads -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Narrow gauge railroads. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- North Carolina. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AC.852: Randy Stevens Collection of Railway Publications, Papers and Calendars, 1988-2008
- Processed by Anita Elliott
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note