Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Identifier: UA 5122
Scope and Contents This collection contains scrapbooks created by student members of the Baptist Student Union (BSU) at Appalachian State University between the years 1942-2010. It also contains a few vinyl albums. The scrapbooks include clippings, flyers, invitations, and photographs of BSU events and participants.
Abstract Materials in the Cratis D. Williams Papers cover the professional and private life of scholar and professor Cratis Williams, his studies in Appalachian literature, folklore and ballads, and the Appalachian Consoritum. The collection consists of materials related to Williams' work at Appalachian State University, academic and genealogical research, correspondence, photographs, audio recordings of folksongs and lectures, one VHS tape, two reels of microfilm, slides, and family memorabilia.
Dates: 1783-1986; Majority of material found within 1943 - 1983
Identifier: UA 45
Abstract The Elizabeth Brown Scoggins collection contains papers, photographs, documents, and artifacts spanning the history of Appalachian State and Watauga County from the 19th Century to the early 21st. Much of the collection is devoted to the Dougherty, Brown, and Bartlett families with an emphasis on concerning B.B. and D.D. Dougherty, founders of what would become Appalachian State University.
Dates: 1866-2003; Majority of material found within 1903 - 2000
Identifier: UA 02.02
Abstract William Howard Plemmons was the second President of Appalachian State Teachers College serving from 1955 until 1969. Materials in this collection include correspondence and subject files, newsclippings, photographs, and other printed materials relating to the administration of Appalachian State Teachers College (A.S.T.C.) during Plemmons’ presidency and his continued active involvement as President Emeritus.
Abstract These materials contain records related to the Office of Public Affairs, formerly known as the News Bureau. They consist of faculty and staff biographical files, photographs and slides, press releases, audiovisual materials, correspondence, annual reports, and financial information.
Dates: circa 1920-2008; Majority of material found within 1960 - 2000
- Boone (N.C.) 4
- Watauga County (N.C.) 4
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 3
- Appalachian State University 3
- Appalachian State University -- History. 2
- College presidents 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 2
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities 1
- Anniversaries 1
- Appalachian Consortium 1
- Appalachian Region -- Folklore. 1
- Appalachian State Normal School (N.C.) 1
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) -- History. 1
- Appalachian State University--Students--Social life and customs. 1
- Appalachian State University. Center for Appalachian Studies 1
- Appalachian State University. Cratis D. Williams Graduate School 1
- Artifacts 1
- Ballads, English -- Appalachian Region 1
- Blaine (Ky.) 1 ∧ less
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Appalachian State University 1
- Appalachian State University. Baptist Campus Ministry of the High Country 1
- Appalachian State University. Baptist Student Union 1
- Brown, Clara Dougherty 1