Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Department of Government and Justice Studies, formerly called the Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice, is a part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Appalachian State University. This collection contains documents pertaining to the operations of the department and University groups, including correspondence, meeting minutes, course change and curriculum change proposals.
Abstract Health and Physical Education courses have been taught at Appalachian since at least 1921 and in 1991, the department was renamed The Department of Health, Leisure and Exercise Science (HLES) and currently operates in the College of Health Sciences. The Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Records contain information on committees, programs and facilities from the early years of the program.
Dates: 1967-1983; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1981
Abstract The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment & Planning operates within Academic Affairs, and has existed under its current name since 2001. It has previously operated as the Office of Long Range Planning, the Office of University Planning and the Office of Institutional Research and Planning. These records contain mostly files created in the process of generating reports including statistical data files, self-studies files, and planning/project files, dating 1962-2004.
Dates: 1962-2004; Majority of material found in 1981 - 1981
Identifier: UA 03.002
Abstract John Edwin Thomas served as Chancellor of ASU from his appointment in 1979 to his retirement in 1993. The records contain information on the general administration of Appalachian State University, state governance, accreditation, academic programs, student life, and cultural events. His administration is known for capital improvements to the campus, increased faculty, and development of technological and communication infrastructure.
- Students. 3
- Universities and Colleges -- Departments 3
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 2
- Accreditation 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African American students 1
- Athletics 1
- College presidents 1
- Committees 1
- Criminal justice 1
- Education -- Curricula 1
- Employees 1
- Equality 1
- Faculty Senate 1
- Lawyers 1
- Litigation 1
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) 1
- Photographic prints 1 ∧ less
- Appalachian State University. Board of Trustees 1
- Appalachian State University. College of Fine and Applied Arts 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Health, Physical Education, and Leisure Studies 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice 1
- Appalachian State University. Division of University Advancement and Public Affairs 1