Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Department of Communication Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA-5053
Abstract The Department of Communication is housed within the College of Fine and Applied Arts and was established in 1977 as the Department of Communication Arts. The Department of Communication Records contain administrative and correspondence files dating 1967-2003.
Dates: 1967-2003

Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA-5032
Abstract Health and Physical Education courses have been taught at Appalachian since at least 1921 and in 1991, the department was renamed The Department of Health, Leisure and Exercise Science (HLES) and currently operates in the College of Health Sciences. The Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Records contain information on committees, programs and facilities from the early years of the program.
Dates: 1967-1983; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1981

National Center for Developmental Education Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 5081
Abstract Established in 1976, The National Center for Developmental Education (NCDE) provides instruction, training programs, research, and other services consistent with the purpose of developmental education and the missions of Appalachian State University and the Reich College of Education. The National Center for Developmental Education (NCDE) Records contain mostly correspondence and administrative files pertaining to NCDE and the Kellogg Institute, as well as several media collections including...
Dates: 1930-2009; Majority of material found within 1977 - 1983

Office of the Chancellor. John E. Thomas Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 03.002
Abstract John Edwin Thomas served as Chancellor of ASU from his appointment in 1979 to his retirement in 1993. The records contain information on the general administration of Appalachian State University, state governance, accreditation, academic programs, student life, and cultural events. His administration is known for capital improvements to the campus, increased faculty, and development of technological and communication infrastructure.
Dates: 1953-1996