Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract This collection stems from a class assignment for the American Military History class (original designation was HIS 3533 - American Military History) developed by Dr. Judkin Browning of the History Department at Appalachian State University. The Amerian Military History Course Records consist of pre-battle and post-battle correspondence of the battle participants, journal entries, medicial reports, roll calls, neutral observers' accounts, photographs, and the final paper "battle histories"...
Identifier: UA 5247
Abstract Appalachian State Teachers College, established in 1929 as a four-year college, was the precursor to Appalachian State University. The Appalachian State Teachers College Records include items such as early documents, correspondence, publications, speeches, and commencement addresses.
Identifier: UA 5098
Abstract Appalachian State University has operated the New York Loft since 1974, and operated the App House (in Washington, D.C.) from 1974-2003; both serve(d) as lodging facilities primarily for ASU students, faculty and staff. The records of Business Affairs: New York Loft and App House contain correspondence and financial files, dating 1981-1993.
Abstract Health and Physical Education courses have been taught at Appalachian since at least 1921 and in 1991, the department was renamed The Department of Health, Leisure and Exercise Science (HLES) and currently operates in the College of Health Sciences. The Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Records contain information on committees, programs and facilities from the early years of the program.
Dates: 1967-1983; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1981
Abstract The Department of Human Development & Psychological Counseling, in the Reich College of Education, offers courses of instruction leading to a Master of Arts degree in four areas of study. These records contain several disparate accessions which include photos, meeting minutes, fiscal information, accreditation information and award nomination information.
Abstract The Department of Mathematical Sciences is part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Appalachian State University and offers degrees in mathematics, mathematics education, actuarial sciences, and statistics. The Department of Mathematical Sciences records include faculty correspondence and information related to departmental faculty meetings.
Identifier: UA 5174
Abstract John A. Pritchett Jr. came to ASU in 1955. as the audio-visual director. He retired after 37 years of service and in 1991 he was made Professor Emeritus of Curriculum and Instruction. The John A. Pritchett Photograph Collection contains negatives taken between 1952-1960. Subjects include sports, dances, ASTC campus and students, student activities, and faculty. The photographer is unknown.
Dates: 1952-1960; Majority of material found within 1954 - 1958
Identifier: UA 03.002
Abstract John Edwin Thomas served as Chancellor of ASU from his appointment in 1979 to his retirement in 1993. The records contain information on the general administration of Appalachian State University, state governance, accreditation, academic programs, student life, and cultural events. His administration is known for capital improvements to the campus, increased faculty, and development of technological and communication infrastructure.
Identifier: UA 03.001
Abstract Dr. Herbert Wey served as Appalachian State University’s third president and first Chancellor from 1969 to 1979. The collection consists of reports, correspondence, articles, speeches, clippings, and other papers concerning the administrative operation of the campus, fund raising, student life, and academic programs of Appalachian State University.
- Photographic prints 4
- Universities and Colleges -- Departments 4
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 4
- Athletics 2
- Boone (N.C.) 2
- Buildings 2
- College presidents 2
- History 2
- Planning 2
- Public relations 2
- Accreditation 1
- Appalachian Loft 1
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Appalachian State University -- History. 1
- Appalachian State University Mountaineers (Football team) 1
- Biography. 1
- College administrators 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1 ∧ less
- Appalachian State University. Faculty Senate 2
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Appalachian State University 1
- Appalachian State University. Appalachian Loft (New York City) 1
- Appalachian State University. Board of Trustees 1
- Appalachian State University. College of Fine and Applied Arts 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Health, Physical Education, and Leisure Studies 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Human Development and Psychological Counseling 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Mathematical Sciences 1
- Appalachian State University. Division of University Advancement and Public Affairs 1
- Appalachian State University. Instructional Technology Center 1
- Appalachian State University. John A. Walker College of Business 1
- Appalachian State University. Office of Academic Affairs 1
- Appalachian State University. Office of Business Affairs 1
- Appalachian State University. Yosef Club 1
- Durham, Harvey 1
- Pritchett, John A. 1
- Thomas, John Edwin 1
- University of North Carolina (System) 1
- Wey, Herbert W. 1 ∧ less