Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract The Department of Chemistry was established around 1934, and currently offers one Bachelor of Arts degree and several Bachelor of Science options, including a secondary education concentration with teaching licensure. The Department of Chemistry Records contain mostly administrative and correspondence material dating 1961-1995.
Dates: 1961-1998; Majority of material found within 1988 - 1995
Abstract The Department of English Records contain administrative and academic files, as well as correspondence between the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Department of English, the chairperson, and other department faculty.
Dates: 1985-2007; Majority of material found within 1993 - 2007
Abstract The Department of Government and Justice Studies, formerly called the Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice, is a part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Appalachian State University. This collection contains documents pertaining to the operations of the department and University groups, including correspondence, meeting minutes, course change and curriculum change proposals.
Abstract The Department of Language, Reading, and Exceptionalities was established in 1985 to offer courses in areas such as Reading, Special Education, and Speech Pathology & Audiology. The Department of Language, Reading, and Exceptionalities records date 1973-1990 and contain mostly administrative materials including faculty meeting minutes, program reviews, correspondence and notes.
Dates: 1973-1990; Majority of material found within 1976 - 1990
Abstract The Department of Sociology and Social Work existed from 1989 to 2008 when it became two separate departments: the Department of Sociology and the Department of Social Work. This collection includes correspondence and proposals concerning the development and evolution of the Bachelor of Social Work degree program, as led by Nancy K. Neale. This collection also includes materials on Ford Venture Grant, which assisted the funding the social work program.
Dates: 1969-1996, Undated; Majority of material found within 1980 - 1996
Identifier: UA 5083
Abstract This collection consists of a scrapbook of newspaper clippings and photographs from the activities of the Library Science Club from 1949 through 1978.
Identifier: UA 5086
Abstract The Office of General Studies operated within Academic Affairs, and coordinated efforts of ASU for orientation and advising of new students as well as general curriculum for all students. The Office of General Studies Records contain files mostly pertaining to Orientation and advising, and date 1974-2001.
Dates: 1969-2001; Majority of material found within 1974 - 1993
Identifier: UA 5094
Abstract Dr. William Thomas Jamison has been a professor at ASU since 1970, and is currenlty a professor in the Department of Leadership and Educational Studies. These files are correspondence and memorandums to and from W. Thomas Jamison while he was chair of the Secondary Education Department (1978-1983) and Department of Library Science and Educational Foundations (1984-1990).
Dates: 1978-1990; Majority of material found within 1978 - 1990
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- College department heads 3
- Education -- Curricula 3
- Deans (Education) 2
- Education 2
- Library Science 2
- Proposals 2
- Chapell Wilson Hall 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching 1
- Committees 1
- Criminal justice 1
- General education 1
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) 1
- Meetings 1
- Planning 1
- Political science 1
- Special education. 1
- Students. 1 ∧ less
- Appalachian State University. Library Science Program 2
- Appalachian State University. College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Appalachian State University. College of Fine and Applied Arts 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Chemistry 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of English 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Language, Reading, and Exceptionalities 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Reading Education 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Special Education 1
- Appalachian State University. National Center for Developmental Education 1
- Appalachian State University. Office of General Studies 1
- Appalachian State University. Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning 1
- Appalachian State University. Reich College of Education 1
- Query, Eunice 1
- Wey, Herbert W. 1 ∧ less