Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The College of Fine and Applied Arts was established in 1968 as Appalachian State Teachers College was restructuring in to Appalachian State University and currently includes the Departments of Art, Communication, Military Science and Leadership, Technology and Theatre and Dance. The College of Fine and Applied Arts Records contain mostly administrative and committee/council files dating 1968-1999.
Dates: 1968-2009; Majority of material found within 1968 - 1987
Abstract The Department of Communication is housed within the College of Fine and Applied Arts and was established in 1977 as the Department of Communication Arts. The Department of Communication Records contain administrative and correspondence files dating 1967-2003.
Abstract The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences (formerly the Department of Home Economics) is currently in the Reich College of Education. This record group contain records dating 1962-2007, including administrative and academic records under the name of the Department of Home Economics.
Dates: 1962-2009; Majority of material found within 1962 - 1981
Abstract Health and Physical Education courses have been taught at Appalachian since at least 1921 and in 1991, the department was renamed The Department of Health, Leisure and Exercise Science (HLES) and currently operates in the College of Health Sciences. The Department of Health, Leisure, and Exercise Science Records contain information on committees, programs and facilities from the early years of the program.
Dates: 1967-1983; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1981
Identifier: UA 5086
Abstract The Office of General Studies operated within Academic Affairs, and coordinated efforts of ASU for orientation and advising of new students as well as general curriculum for all students. The Office of General Studies Records contain files mostly pertaining to Orientation and advising, and date 1974-2001.
Dates: 1969-2001; Majority of material found within 1974 - 1993
- Names: Appalachian State University. College of Fine and Applied Arts X
- Universities and Colleges -- Departments 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 3
- Boone (N.C.) 2
- Meetings 2
- Planning 2
- Students. 2
- Appalachian State University. College of Fine and Applied Arts 1
- Budget 1
- Child care 1
- College department heads 1
- Employees 1
- Faculty Senate 1
- General education 1
- Home economics 1
- Lillie Shull Dougherty Hall 1
- Lucy Brock Child Development Center 1
- Proposals 1
- Salaries 1
- Schedules, School 1 ∧ less
- Appalachian State University. Department of Family and Consumer Sciences 2
- Appalachian State University. Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning 2
- Appalachian State University. Reich College of Education 2
- Appalachian State University. Department of Communication Arts 1
- Appalachian State University. Department of Health, Physical Education, and Leisure Studies 1