Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: UA 5133
Abstract The provenance of these records is varied, but all of these records pertain to the buildings and campus of Appalachian. Design, maintenance and construction on the campus of Appalachian State University is generally carried out by the Physical Plant. The blueprints and drawings in this collection date 1928-2010.
Identifier: UA 5098
Abstract Appalachian State University has operated the New York Loft since 1974, and operated the App House (in Washington, D.C.) from 1974-2003; both serve(d) as lodging facilities primarily for ASU students, faculty and staff. The records of Business Affairs: New York Loft and App House contain correspondence and financial files, dating 1981-1993.
Identifier: UA 45
Abstract The Elizabeth Brown Scoggins collection contains papers, photographs, documents, and artifacts spanning the history of Appalachian State and Watauga County from the 19th Century to the early 21st. Much of the collection is devoted to the Dougherty, Brown, and Bartlett families with an emphasis on concerning B.B. and D.D. Dougherty, founders of what would become Appalachian State University.
Dates: 1866-2003; Majority of material found within 1903 - 2000
Identifier: UA 5174
Abstract John A. Pritchett Jr. came to ASU in 1955. as the audio-visual director. He retired after 37 years of service and in 1991 he was made Professor Emeritus of Curriculum and Instruction. The John A. Pritchett Photograph Collection contains negatives taken between 1952-1960. Subjects include sports, dances, ASTC campus and students, student activities, and faculty. The photographer is unknown.
Dates: 1952-1960; Majority of material found within 1954 - 1958
Abstract The Nicholas Erneston Music Library is a branch of the Belk Library and Information Commons, whose materials are located within the Broyhill Music Center and with Special Collections at Belk Library. The Nicholas Erneston Music Library Records contain director’s and miscellaneous files dating 1972-1997.
Abstract The Office of Design and Construction was created in 1996 as a separate operating unit within Business Affairs, carrying out some of the operations that used to be undertaken by the Physical Plant. These records contain documents related to daily operation of the office, files pertaining to projects carried out by the office, and a variety of administrative documents, dating 1988-2002, with bulk dates of 1993-1998.
Dates: 1988-2002; Majority of material found within 1993 - 1998
Abstract The Physical Plant, within Business Affairs, has been in operation since at least 1971, and its purpose is to create an aesthetically pleasing, environmentally sound, and energy efficient physical environment for the campus community. The Physical Plant Records contain a wealth of material relating to projects undertaken by the Physical Plant as well as files relating to daily operations. Though the files date 1931-2003, many of the files date between 1967 and 1994.
Dates: 1931-2003; Majority of material found within 1967 - 1994
Identifier: UA 5097
Abstract This collection consists of the papers of Robert. F. Coffey, who was the superindendent of construction for Appalachian State Teacher's College during the 1930's and early 1940's. The papers are primarily business documents related to the construction of buildings on campus, though there are two small references to Mr. Coffey's personal life. The majority of Mr. Coffey's papers are correspondence relating to the design, planning, and ordering of equipment for the Watauga Hospital.
Identifier: UA 5104
Abstract The Training Teachers of Teachers Program was established at ASU in 1969, and was designed to improve teaching at all levels by providing continuing instruction for graduate level professors. The Training Teachers of Teachers (TTT) Records contain correspondence, planning documents, reports, instructional materials, budget and accounting files, grant materials, and meeting minutes concerning the planning and implementation of the TTT program at ASU and date 1969 to 1974, when the program ended.